Want more information? Plan on organising an event? Interested in hosting JOFA in your community?
Contact Dina Brawer, JOFA UK –
JOFA UK Circles
- To bring together women and men who care about expanding the role of Jewish women and girls within the framework of Halacha.
- To support each other in creating positive engagement for women in family, school and community.
- To engage in textual study, discussion and to share best practice.
How to get started:
- Simply invite a group of likeminded individuals from amongst your social circle or community to a meeting at your home.
- Choose a topic of relevance to your group and select appropriate material from JOFA’s extensive online library.
- Ta Shma study guides- some are available to download as PDF Ask people to download their study guide and bring it along. You can take turns reading text and discussing, or spend part of the time studying in pairs or small groups havruta style. Follow it up with a general discussion and summing up of main points.
- JOFA Journals- cover a variety of topics: such as birth rituals, Bat Mitzvah, education, Shabbat, and more. You could ask our guest to read select articles in advance of meeting and conduct a discussion book club style.
JOFA UK provides a platform for Orthodox feminists to discuss and explore ideas and act as an amplifier for their voices. JOFA's programming in the UK needs to be self-funded, we can only build it with your support.
At the upcoming conference, whatever your strength or expertise, we can use your skills.