Mikvah and Orthodox Leadership: Let's Discuss
November 9-13, 2014
In the aftermath of recent events, is it enough to be focusing on improving/changing the mikvah and conversion experience, or can we not really fix those without addressing fundamental flaws in the institutional leadership of the Orthodox community? JOFA has convened a group of communal leaders, thinkers, and experts to discuss how we respond to the recent allegations of misconduct by a leading Modern Orthodox Rabbi.
- Carrie Bornstein, Mayyim Hayyim
- Dasi Fruchter, ImmerseNYC
- Rabbi Ysoscher Katz, Yeshivat Chovevei Torah Rabbinical School
- Mark Oppenheimer, The New York Times
- Sarah Hass Robinson, MA, LMSW, Lincoln Square Synagogue
- Maharat Rori Picker Neiss, Bais Abraham Congregation
- Rabbanit Dr. Michal Tikochinsky, Beit Morasha
- Abby Weisz, Merkaz Yahel: Center for Jewish Intimacy
Moderator: Dr. Sharon Weiss-Greenberg, Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance
For our most recent blogcast, click here.
For a full list of past blogcasts, click here.